On October 20, 2020, leaders with responsibility for hiring and promoting talent in medtech came together for AdvaMed Advance’s Summit on Inclusion & Diversity “From the Top Down”, a two hour event taking place virtually. The summit brought decision makers from medtech companies together to make much needed, industry-wide progress on inclusion and diversity initiatives.
View the Session Recordings Below:
Fireside Chat: How Inclusion and Diversity Became A Top Industry Priority
Hear directly from AdvaMed’s board leadership on how they led AdvaMed to embrace inclusion and diversity as a top industry priority. They share lessons they have learned along their own journey as well as their thoughts on the role employees and leaders can take to advocate for advancing inclusion and diversity.
- Moderator: Scott Whitaker, President & CEO, AdvaMed
- Jennifer Brearey, CFO, AdvaMed and Executive Director, AdvaMed Advance
- Kevin Lobo, Chairman & CEO, Stryker and Chairman, AdvaMed Board of Directors
- Martha Shadan, President & CEO, Miach Orthopaedics and Chairwoman, AdvaMed Accel Board of Directors
CEOs Setting the Tone
Inclusion and diversity programs are not just another initiative but efforts top executives in the medtech industry are leading personally. This conversation is with chief executives, who are members of the AdvaMed board and have invested significantly in I&D.
- Moderator: Nadim Yared, President and CEO, CVRx
- Antoinette Gawin, President and CEO, Terumo Blood and Cell Technologies
- Mike Mussallem, Chairman & CEO, Edwards Lifesciences Corporation
- Tom Polen, CEO & President, BD
Business Leaders Building a Culture of Accountability
Leaders in the medtech industry discuss the competitive advantage inclusion and diversity initiatives have brought to their organizations. As part of this discussion, you’ll hear how I&D has benefited their teams, innovation and the bottom line.
- Moderator: Oray Boston, President, Global Biosurgery, Ethicon at Johnson and Johnson
- Yin Becker, Vice President Communications, Public Affairs and Corporate Marketing, Stryker
- Brett Estervig, Vice President and General Manager Sports Medicine, Smith+Nephew
- Julie Tyler, Divisional Vice President, Global Marketing, Abbott Vascular