The MedTech Conference Is Your Global Gateway!
- Meet our international delegations
- Hear from global locations about their sectors and incentives to invest
- Attend sessions covering global issues
- Witness the creativity of companies developing technologies for under-resourced populations
Meet our international delegations
Spotlight: Quebec, Canada
Quebec, which has placed the Life Science industries at the heart of its economic plan, will lead an important team of innovative companies and organizations to the 2019 MedTech Conference. Piloted by top officials including Chief Innovation Officer Paul L’Archevêque, the Quebec delegation will welcome conference attendees to its central pavilion on the exhibit floor as well as at a series of networking events produced during the Conference. As a returning Platinum sponsor of the MedTech Conference, Quebec will also host this year’s International Reception held on the evening of Sunday September 22nd.
At The MedTech Conference 2019, take advantage of Quebec’s strong presence to familiarize yourselves with the vigor of Canada’s MedTech industry; hence next year’s Conference will in fact be presented in Canada. Bienvenues au Québec!
Coffee Reception for Key Japanese Medical Device Official: Japan is actively promoting the development of a strong medical device industry and encouraging foreign investment and partnering in this sector. Meet one of the key officials responsible for this effort. Sayaka Tomihara is Director of the Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry’s Medical and Assistive Devices Division. She will provide an overview of Japan’s efforts and be available for informal discussions afterwards. This event is hosted by the Japanese Consulate in Boston. Coffee and pastries will be available.
Discover how Finland is transforming healthcare by leading the digital revolution:
Don’t miss an in-depth session on “Delivering great care and technology transformation in the world’s largest integrated health system”:
How do you deliver great care at population scale? Where do technology and industry fit in, and what are the forces shaping the evolution of the UK’s National Health Service? Join us for a panel interview with three people driving big changes in NHS England, which serves a population of more than 55 million people: Lord David Prior, Chair of NHS England, Dr. Sam Roberts, Chief Executive of the Accelerated Access Collaborative, and Prof. Tara Donnelly, Chief Digital Officer at NHSX, a new unit moving forward the digital transformation of health and social care.
Meet and network with delegates from overseas: Join us for our International Reception on Sunday, September 22 from 5:30-7:00 p.m. Sponsored by Quebec, the reception is designed to welcome international participants to Boston.
Expand your overseas operations
Tuesday, September 24, 2:15 PM – 3:45 PM
Exhibit Hall, Solutions Showcase Stage
Deciding where to invest regionally requires understanding a variety of factors, depending on the type of investment and new market opportunities you want. Regional markets all have competitive advantages that you might not know about. During this program, you will hear a series of 15-minute power presentations outlining the investment incentives available in various regions of the world. Oh, the places you’ll go!
2:15 PM Developments in Latin America
2:30 PM Costa Rica
2:45 PM Finland
3:00 PM India
3:15 PM Guangzhou
Learn which issues are impacting your business
The MedTech Conference program features known thought leaders, government officials and industry experts covering a wide variety of international topics. Here’s just a sampling:
- MedTech as IT
- Revolutionizing the Silver Economy: a High-Level Super Session
- MDR/IVDR – What Now?
- China NMPA (CFDA) Key Updates and Their Implications on Overseas Companies
- International Digital Testbeds: Perspectives on Partnerships and Organic Investment Models
- SME MedTech Innovations that are Transforming Health Care in the US and Abroad
- Value Based Care in Latin America
Discover new opportunities in Global Health
- Global Health Innovation Award presented by TeamFund on Tuesday afternoon, September 24
- Thought-provoking sessions organized by Duke University’s Innovations in Healthcare
- Accelerating Maternal and Newborn Child Health Device Innovation (Sunday, September 22 at the annual Pediatrics Symposium)
- Global Health Meet-Up