MedTech Innovator is the industry’s nonprofit global competition and accelerator for medical device, digital health and diagnostic companies, with a mission to improve the lives of patients by accelerating the growth of companies that are transforming the health care system. AdvaMed and The MedTech Conference are proud to partner with MedTech Innovator once again in 2021.
After over 1,100 applications and 14 virtual pitch events, MedTech Innovator has selected 55 early and mid-stage device, diagnostic and digital health companies for the 2021 MedTech Innovator Showcase at The Virtual MedTech Conference. Meet these companies during the conference! Twenty-five of the MedTech Innovator Showcase companies participate in a four-month virtual accelerator, which provides companies with the opportunity to receive customized, in-depth mentorship from industry stakeholders. Five finalists go on to compete for the title of MedTech Innovator 2021. See below for more information about the MedTech Innovator programs during the conference.
MedTech Innovator Showcase $10K Best Video Competition
Each year, MedTech Innovator’s Showcase companies produce 1-minute videos to highlight their companies and technologies. These videos are competing for a $10K prize for the best video, and YOU can help choose the winner. If you really like a video and think it deserves to win, click the video’s title in the upper-left to view it on YouTube, and then click the thumbs-up button below the video to like it. Be sure to click the Share button in the upper-right of your favorite video(s) for ways to share it with your social media and other networks.
MedTech Innovator Showcase
Showcase sessions are scheduled to corresponding industry themes, each session with 3-4 CEOs/Founders presenting their technologies and value propositions. Each Showcase will begin with the participating companies’ one-minute introductory videos, followed by an interactive panel discussion. These sessions are available on-demand through November 5.
MedTech Innovator Execution Award & Virginia Rybski Memorial Award
The $25,000 Execution Award Competition will take place on September 22 as part of the pre-conference virtual livestream, 2:00PM – 3:30PM ET. The Execution Award is held in conjunction with AdvaMed Accel’s Virginia Rybski Memorial Award, which recognizes the potential of a promising entrepreneur or entrepreneurial medical technology company. The five finalists selected to compete for the Execution Award competition are:
- CAIRA Surgical– New York, NY – Surgical navigation and robotics in joint replacement
- Evren Technologies– Gainesville, FL – Neurostimulation device for the treatment of PTSD
- Lifelet Medical– Galway, Ireland – Sustainable polymeric transcatheter aortic valve for increased durability and easier delivery
- Otolith Labs– Washington, DC –Wearable device that is the first fast-acting treatment for vertigo
- PATH EX– Houston, TX – CycloPE captures and removes bacteria from blood regardless of bacteria type or drug-resistance
Judges for the Execution Award competition are: Ilana Neftin, senior manager, Corporate Development, Dexcom; Kenny Tran, business development / project manager, Asahi Intecc USA; Virginia Giddings, advanced technology exploration, Edwards Lifesciences; Kathryn Zavala, chief operating officer, MedTech Innovator.
MedTech Innovator Finals
Wednesday, September 29
11:00AM CT / 12:00PM ET – 12:00PM CT / 1:00PM ET
Live from Minneapolis and streamed for our virtual registrants
Five finalists from the Accelerator program will go on to compete during the MedTech Innovator Finals at The MedTech Conference, with a live audience vote and the opportunity to win $500,000 in prizes and the title of MedTech Innovator 2021!
The five finalist companies are:
- Alva Health is developing a real-time, wearable stroke monitor for older Americans living with high stroke risk.
- BioDevek is developing an endoscopically-sprayable adhesive hydrogel to seal and protect surgical lesions after polyp removal.
- Caretaker Medical is developing a wireless finger sensor for continuous “beat by beat” blood pressure and hemodynamics remote monitoring.
- Cooler Heads Care is developing an affordable wearable device so chemo patients can keep their hair.
- Nutromics is developing a wearable continuous molecular monitoring platform that can track drugs, hormones, metabolites, and proteins.
The judges participating in this year’s Finals are:
- Christos Monovoukas, Vice President, Global M&A Leader / Business Development, Olympus
- Tonja Curtis-Danowski, Vice President, Business Development, Johnson & Johnson
- Arvind Shresta, Director of Innovation, Urology & Critical Care, Becton Dickinson
- Jacob Goble, Innovation Leader, Medical Products Division, W.L. Gore
To learn more about MedTech Innovator and their programs visit medtechinnovator.org